Porcelain Veneers for an Immediate and Dramatic Improvement in the Look of Your Smile
At White Pine Dental Care, your oral health is our number one concern, but we also understand the value of a beautiful smile. That is why we offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry options, including custom-made porcelain veneers. Among other concerns, veneers can conceal chips, cracks, and discoloration in your smile. The placement process is minimally invasive and involves negligible discomfort. At our Murray, UT, practice, we can often use CEREC® technology to create veneers in a single appointment. Additionally, we can provide LUMINEERS®, which are a thinner and completely reversible alternative to traditional veneers. One of our skilled dentists will conduct a comprehensive oral examination to determine the right cosmetic option for your health needs and aesthetic goals.
Are Porcelain Veneers a Good Option for You?
Veneers can address a number of concerns, including:
- Cracks that have not affected the strength of your teeth
- Stains, especially internal stains or those that are too severe for teeth whitening
- Minor misalignment, such as gaps or slightly overlapping teeth
- Worn edges or unusually small teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
Your teeth must be generally healthy if you are planning to enhance them with porcelain veneers. For example, if your enamel has started to wear away, your dentist may not be able to prep them for treatment. Additionally, teeth with previous fillings or current decay will not usually qualify for veneers because they will not be strong enough to support the restoration. Fortunately, in these cases, you will typically still qualify for dental bonding.
Today’s modern porcelain is more realistic than ever before. It comes in subtle color variations, and it has a realistic sparkle.
Thinner LUMINEERS are an alternative to traditional veneers. Because they do not involve enamel removal, they may also be a good option if you have sustained some dental erosion. At the same time, however, because they are thinner, they are also more translucent. Therefore, they may not be a good choice if you have very dark stains or if you are using veneers to close gaps in your smile.
Placing Porcelain Veneers
If your dentist determines that veneers are a good option for you, he or she will begin treatment by reshaping your teeth. Removing a thin layer of enamel will help the porcelain to rest flat against your teeth for a natural look. Typically, we use advanced CEREC technology to create veneers, so your practitioner will take digital impressions of your teeth. The resulting 3-D images will be much more accurate than traditional manual impressions. These images will be uploaded to our in-office milling machine, which can usually carve out your veneers in less than an hour.
To attach the porcelain, your doctor will first apply a special solution to roughen the surface of your teeth. After coating them with a bonding solution, the veneers will be secured in place with composite resin. Like the porcelain itself, this material will match the shade of your smile. With our CEREC system, the entire treatment will typically take just a few hours. Afterward, you may experience some slight sensitivity, but this side effect should subside in a few days. Once it does, you should enjoy complete dental function and, of course, a beautiful smile.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Although you have numerous cosmetic dentistry options to choose from, there are many reasons to consider porcelain veneers:
- Although veneers do involve some preparatory steps, this process is minimally invasive and involves very little discomfort. In most cases, there is not even a need for local anesthesia.
- Veneers are very durable, often lasting 10 years or more.
- Today’s modern porcelain is more realistic than ever before. It comes in subtle color variations, and it has a realistic sparkle.
- Veneers can transform your smile, concealing various cosmetic concerns in one single-visit treatment.
- Most importantly, veneers can give you a huge boost of self-confidence, making you eager to show off a smile that is a true reflection of your personality.
Contact Us for a Cosmetic Consultation
To find out if veneers are right for you, contact us online to schedule your initial evaluation. You can also book an appointment by calling (801) 590-4627.