Transform Your Smile:
Dental Veneers in Murray Utah
Achieving a natural-looking, aesthetically pleasing smile has never been easier. Veneers are a quick way for anyone wishing to beautify their smile and cover up imperfections like chipped, stained, or gapped teeth. But before rushing into such a big decision, you should be aware that this treatment is irreversible. It is advised that you schedule a free consultation with your dentist to see if dental veneers are right for you. At White Pine Dental we strive to provide our patients with the most advanced cosmetic dental treatments available for long-lasting, dramatic results. Our doctors are all highly experienced and always put our patients' best interests first to provide the best Veneers in Utah. To schedule an appointment you can contact us here.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are made of a thin piece of porcelain used to re-create a natural looking smile. They provide extra strength and flexibility that's comparable to that of natural tooth enamel. They are custom built specifically for your teeth and bond directly to the original enamel of your teeth.
Traditional dental veneers are most commonly made of porcelain. An advanced alternative to these types of veneers are Lumineers, which are less invasive and faster alternative. Dentists that offer lumineers have been trained as Certified Lumineers Dentists and should be consulted with to see if Lumineers are right for you.
The process of placing veneers can be done in just two appointments when custom built. It is not generally required to use local anesthesia but depending on patient's sensitivity it can be used. The process goes as follows:
- The dentist cleans the tooth and determines the shade of veneer to match the individual's teeth. A small amount of enamel is removed from the tooth to provide room to place the veneer. Less enamel is removed if using Lumineers.
- An impression of the tooth is made and sent to the laboratory while a temporary veneer is placed on the tooth for protection.
- Once the custom porcelain veneer is sent back to your dentist you are ready for your second appointment. The temporary veneer is removed and the tooth is cleaned while the veneer is rinsed and air dried. The custom veneer is then cemented and placed on the tooth for an exact fit and contour.
- A 60 second light cure on the veneer then follows to attach it to the tooth structure.
- Excess adhesive or other material is then removed and the margins of the veneer are polished.
Your dentist will likely schedule a follow-up visit to check for comfort. Comfortable veneers are long lasting veneers and can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years.
Caring for Veneers
Proper daily brushing and flossing as you would with regular teeth are recommended. Use non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste and consider limiting the use of coffee and other stain-inducing foods. Keep in mind that no matter how well you take care of them, veneers will need to be replaced at some point, but proper oral hygiene will help them last as long as possible.
If you're considering veneers, consult with your dentist so you understand every part of the process and cost.
Professional Care for Exceptional Results
White Pine Dental provides outstanding care through customized treatment that focuses on the goals and needs of the patient. Our doctors can work with you to create personally designed Veneers to dramatically transform your smile. If you want to learn more about porcelain veneers contact us online or call (801) 266-3000.