At White Pine Dental, we have outfitted our practice with the latest tools to make your care more efficient, comfortable, and effective. We are especially excited to offer CEREC® technology at our Murray, UT, office. CEREC is an advanced combination of digital imaging and an in-office milling machine. With this system, our doctors can create custom restorations—such as porcelain veneers, dental bridges, and crowns—in a single appointment. Furthermore, thanks to the precision of digital imaging, your restorations will be remarkably realistic. Not only will they harmonize with the aesthetics of your smile, they will also fit comfortably against your teeth to maintain the force of your bite.
What Is CEREC Technology?
The CEREC milling machine can fabricate your restoration from high-quality materials in a short amount of time.
CEREC is an acronym for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. It is a state-of-the-art system that employs CAD/CAM technology to create a 3-D model of your teeth. These images are then uploaded into the digital milling machine, which will carve your restoration right here in our office. We use CEREC to create many different types of restorations, including:
What You Can Expect with CEREC Technology
Before using our CEREC system, your dentist will first prep your teeth. He or she will remove the necessary amount of enamel to ensure a natural fit. Then your practitioner will scan your teeth with the digital imaging system. CEREC will create 3-D models of your teeth, capturing even the tiniest variations in shape or size. After closely examining the impressions, we will upload them into our milling machine. This system will carve your restorations from a solid block of top-quality dental porcelain. Once your dentist has double checked the fit, he or she can immediately attach them to your teeth.
CEREC will create 3-D models of your teeth, capturing even the tiniest variations in shape or size.
The Benefits of CEREC
CEREC is an enormous asset to our practice for many reasons.
- With this system, we can place crowns, bridges, and veneers in a single appointment. Without the advantage of CEREC, you would need to visit us at least twice as well as wait several weeks while a laboratory crafts your restorations.
- CEREC uses ultramodern porcelain. Accordingly, these restorations are often more realistic than traditional restorations, offering a remarkable color and sparkle.
- Many times, your dentist can preserve more dental enamel with CEREC restorations.
- In the past, you would have had to wear a temporary restoration as you waited for your final crown, bridge, or veneers. Bacteria can sometimes become trapped under these restorations. Therefore, CEREC can protect your oral health, reducing your risk for decay, bad breath, and gum disease.
- CEREC restorations are remarkably durable. The National Center for Biotechnology Information reports that 85 percent of CEREC fabrications remain functional and intact a decade after placement.
- We will project your digital impressions on a chairside computer. Thus, we can keep you completely informed about your oral health and every step of your treatment.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about CEREC and to benefit from this innovative technology, contact us online to schedule an appointment. You can also reach us at (801) 590-4627.